Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mid-century Modern Ethusiasts

Welcome Mid-century Modern design enthusiasts. Through the years I have personally collected, shared and shopped for many clients. We are fortunate enough to live in an area filled with people who are turning over older items in favor of newer pieces. The purpose of this blog is to create a document of well photographed items that are not only part of my collection but sometimes of my evolving collection. So what is an evolving collection? Every 2-3 years I sell off parts of my collection and make room for newer items. It provides me an opportunity to continue to collect and refresh our home with newer pieces. This blog allows me to document and share that information with fellow design enthusiasts. It also gives other collectors an opportunity to add to their own collections at a savings to them both in time and money. The cycle good for the dealers and sellers because they know I'll be back to refresh and renew. Some people have time to thrift, garage sale and attend auctions and some do not. Without people willing sell there will be no collections. I will continue to share ideas and tips for vintage collectors on a budget. I welcome all parties be they collectors, dealers, interior designers, hobbyists, information gatherers to visit and read here as often as they wish. We are all part of keeping the history of Mid-century design updated and documented. I enjoy sharing and passing that information on if possible and frequently share freely the photographed items in my collection as well as the evolving collection. It is a well intended gift to those who share the adventures of collecting Mid-century Modern pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment