Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dedicated to All the Garage Sale Archeologist Doubters


My son doubted my expertise with furniture but when he sold a $10.00 garage sale chair for $120.00 he told me that he'd never doubt my judgement on furniture again. It didn't last long. Last night when he saw my latest archeology find he was not to impressed. These two high back wing chairs were a mere $15.00 each. They are not in the best of condition. I spent 3 hours cleaning them up. A little wood is knocked off and the fabric needed a serious cleaning. Now, after a thorough upholstry cleaning, some tacky glue and a touch up pen, they look like what I thought they could be, nice. The best part of all is that there is a pair of the same chairs on ebay for $1300.00. Those chairs are in much better condition and are upholstered in leather but I can't help but feel that my find was not so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment